living as an embodied spirit in a concupiscible world

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crisis Averted

Besides the president, several other political offices will appear on my ballot in two weeks, including Senator and Representative.  Being a "swing voter" (I've rarely if ever voted a straight ticket for one party), I ponder each position before voting.  And I was having an impossible time figuring out upon whom I should bestow my vote for the House.

The two choices in VA 11th: Chris Perkins (R) and Gerry Connolly (D).  I'm not a fan of Connolly.  Besides being tired of him for voting against pro-life and for pro-abortion legislation, I have watched his poor constituent relations annoy my sister for the past few years.  However, Perkins is a pro-choice Republican, so basically disagrees with me on everything.  I broke my rule about never voting in primaries to vote against him, so I would not be in the situation.  Up until this weekend, I had more or less decided to leave that question blank.

However, by the grace of God, I have a sister who is politically aware and takes the time to help me out.  So she found the candidate for whom I should vote: Chris DeCarlo, who is rapping his way to Washington.  That's right; this modern-day Mr. Smith is using educational raps to make his way to Congress, where he will fight political corruption.

Crisis averted.  I  have found a politician to support.

No comments:

Post a Comment