living as an embodied spirit in a concupiscible world

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Once More, On Babycation and Maternity Leave

At the moment, I am a kept woman, and Babycation Part II is harder than Part I.  I start classes in a week and a half (eek!), so this week we are starting the Sleeping Dragon's daycare routine.  Part of this involves double-babying with a couple from our parish and part of it involves my mother -- so we are very blessed.

Thus, for several days over these two weeks, I am once more at home without work or childcare responsibilities.  The whole prospect is relieving, terrifying, exhilarating, and heartbreaking all at once.

In honor of Babycation Part II, I wanted to share some more happy news regarding maternity leave.  Netflix and Microsoft have recently implemented sensible parental leave policies.  Basically, both offer months of paid leave for new mother and fathers.  Yay for people who appreciate that employees who can meet their family needs are better, more productive employees who will stick around and do great things for the company!

No comments:

Post a Comment