living as an embodied spirit in a concupiscible world

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

On the Nature of Beer

What could be more perfectly Theology of the Body than the question: "Whether Beer Exists in Heaven?"

Thomas Aquinas The Dominican Brothers answer this question on their blog.  (If you don't understand the format, it's the was Thomas Aquinas writes.  He first explains his opponent's position, then his own.)

For your delight, here is the quick summary: "the Lord has explicitly promised there will be wine in heaven: “I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom” (Mt 26:29). But, objectively speaking, beer is a more perfect beverage than wine. Therefore, a fortiori, beer will be served at the celestial wedding feast."


1 comment:

  1. Christianity and Pastafarianism have more in common than I thought.

    ReplyDelete