living as an embodied spirit in a concupiscible world

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

When My Furniture Moves

I've written before about being an INTJ and linked to my favorite INTJ website before.  Well, that website posted another INTJ gem that cracked me up because it hit a couple of things dead-on about me. 
The post deals with the ways that the seemingly so abstract INTJs interact with the physical world -- especially when stressed.  As a general point, the author notes that INTJs may organize their books "by some zen system that only they understand."  Guilty -- my Good Reads shelves that catalog my books include such gems as "Practical Miscellany," "War and Peace," and a "Poetry, Drama, Anthologies" section that is subdivided into at least five smaller groups.

Even more hilarious, the author notes that INTJs under great stress will become "obsessed" with the physical worlds, "perhaps reorganizing their entire house."  In undergrad, whenever I was supremely stressed (such as leading up to breakups), Wendy would come home to find my entire side of the room reorganized.  She  put up with it heroically (and loved Myers-Briggs), so, Wendy, if you are reading this, this post is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment