living as an embodied spirit in a concupiscible world

Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Art of Womanliness

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am starting a series taking a Thought Catalog list of "50 Ways to Be a Woman" and annotating it, one item at a time.  I chose this list from convenience (it appeared on my Facebook) more than any completeness of the list.


The idea of writing out an approach to lived womanhood has been poking around in the back of my mind since the time I read this Art of Manliness article.  Two things to note here: 1) Like the McKays, I will try to approach this series not from woman vs. man, but maturity vs. childhood.  Call me out if I slip into a greater focus on gender differences.  2) The McKays claim that women grow into adulthood with greater ease than men.  I'm not convinced, but I am not unconvinced, so I want to use this moment to explore how the female sex grows into womanhood.

One more housekeeping note: each week, I will end with a preview of the next topic because I want feedback/ideas on that topic to incorporate into the next post.  If you comment with a thought, I will consider it fair game to use in the next post.

Ready?  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment