living as an embodied spirit in a concupiscible world

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Happy Nursing Story

I often, too often, encounter up-in-arms, negative stories about women's experiences nursing in public.  I want to share a happy story, because those exist too.

As a side note, I realized that "the Princess" is not the right name for the baby.  She has become known as the Sleeping Dragon.

The Sleeping Dragon and I were out with my mother-in-law running errands, when she got hungry.  She has an impressive set of lungs and began to tell the whole of Bed, Bath, and Beyond about how these people never feed her and how absolutely famished she was.  My mother-in-law asked an employee if there was a Starbucks nearby.  The woman kindly directed us to a Safeway in the same shopping center.  

I proceeded to the Safeway-Starbucks where I ordered a drink before beginning to get settled.  To my surprise and delight, the barrista brought my drink to my table, since she could see I was getting ready to feed my baby. Despite the rumors, the world is not all against nursing mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment