living as an embodied spirit in a concupiscible world

Sunday, April 5, 2015

In Which We Take a Risk

Happy Easter, my dear 3.14 readers! This year the Captain and I brought a tiny baby to all three of the Triduum services. Rather than immerse myself in the sensual experience that is these three days, I spent most of the liturgies either feeding a baby or keeping her quiet. So I simply found one spiritual anchor to cling to each night.

Holy Thursday:  The first reading really struck me. We are still celebrating the Passover of the Lord, Who, despite our sin, will not allow death to touch us.

Good Friday: The cross is life-giving. The meaning of Christ's cross and ours is life, not death. This insight may not seem Good Friday-ish, but the day is meaningless without it.

Holy Saturday (Easter Vigil): We have such a beautiful faith!  We were at the National Basilica, which sparkled with the joy of the Resurrection.

Happy Easter -- He is risen, alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment