living as an embodied spirit in a concupiscible world

Friday, May 2, 2014

Things to Click On


Rather than short stories, you are about to get seven fascinating links:

I take too many BuzzFeed quizzes, but this one is necessary: which play does the Shakespeare quote come from?

--- 2 ---
Spoken word poetry is one of my favorite things.  Also, Sarah Kay here is speaking to her daughter who does not yet exist -- and I want to give the same things to my daughter who does not yet exist.

LB is filling my need for an academic life by sending me scholarly articles.  Like this one about nuns fasting on the move.

Have I mentioned yet that I want to be a Dominican friar?  Leaving aside the numerous problems this would create for the Captain, mull over that while reading their series on Jane Austen and the virtues.

Google is holding a contest where you can vote for a doodle submitted by a child.  Not only is this a joyful perusal, but it also presents an interesting value/morals study.

Maybe only because I am the wife of an attorney did I find this video reenacting a deposition transcript hilarious.  On the other hand, maybe I fell for an attorney, because this is what I find hilarious.
And then we move to Hollywood.  And nerd out there because apparently LED lights change things in film -- perhaps for the same reason bugs can’t see them.



In other news, I will have some low-tech sitting and waiting time this weekend that will either result in some interesting posts written long-hand first… or a whole lot of novel reading.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment